Lactulose Oral Solution 500ml
£4.95 – £19.80
- Relieves Constipation
- Active Ingredient: Lactulose
- Maintains Regularity Of Bowel Movements
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
- Includes Free Prescription
Constipation is when a person doesn’t have regular bowel movements (or struggles to poo), which can leave them feeling uncomfortable and bloated. One of the main causes of constipation is a lack of fibre in the diet. Lactulose Oral Solution contains the active ingredient Lactulose, which is a laxative. Laxatives relieve constipation by drawing water into the bowel, making the stool softer and easier to pass. After around 48 hours of taking your first dose of Lactulose, you should be able to pass a bowel movement (or have a poo), giving you much welcomed relief from constipation symptoms.
Complete the questionnaire first to make the purchase.
Lactulose is used to treat the symptoms of constipation. it contains a laxative which helps make the stool softer and easier to pass, by drawing water into the bowel.For more information about Irritable bowel syndrome, click here.
Take each dose at the same time each day.
The dose may be given once daily, for example during breakfast, or divided into two or three doses a day. Swallow the medicine quickly. Do not keep it in your mouth. You can take Lactulose oral solution undiluted or diluted in some liquid. During the treatment with laxatives you should drink sufficient amounts of fluids (approx. 2 litres per day, equal to 6-8 glasses).It can take 2-3 days to take effect.
The recommended dose is:
– Adults starting dose 15-45 ml daily – Adults Maintenance dose 15-30 ml daily
Please do not give Lactulose to children before consulting your doctor for prescription and careful supervision.
If you have any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
to see our other IBS products and treatments.
One Pack(s), Two Pack(s), Three Pack(s), Four Pack(s)
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
The following side effects have been reported with Lactulose:
Very common (may affect more than 1 in 10 people):
– Flatulence (wind), especially during the first few days of treatment This usually disappears after a couple of days. – When a higher dose than recommended is used, you may experience abdominal pain.
Common (may affect up to 1 in 10 people):
– Nausea (feeling sick). – Vomiting. – When a higher dose than recommended is used, you may experience diarrhoea.